Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Breaking a Leg!


The time is 5:45. I am anxious…anxious and tired. Although, this day comes every year for the past ten years, and I know I have made it through alive and unscathed, I am still nervous. What is it you say? Why it’s Back to School Night of course! This is the night when we face all 75 (or 150 if you teach the block schedule) parents.

Why am I anxious, you ask? Well, we teachers fear being cornered for an impromptu parent teacher conference, or questioned as if we will not challenge their student enough. We fear technological glitches that leave us putting on an impromptu dog and pony show without cue cards. We fear our presentation being too short leaving us as vulnerable as a president being pressed at a press conference. However, the night goes on… (and on, I might add), and we make it through somehow. And so, I shall tonight – I hope. Thus, this is a short blog tonight because the time has come; I must end because in six minutes, the show must go on. Wish me luck – or maybe I should say “tell me to break a leg!” B


https://twowritingteachers.org/

2 comments:

  1. Mine is Thursday. I feel the same way.

    Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible use of your break before Back to School night!! By the time you read this, you will have succeeded! Yes! I agree that this is one of the worst parts - "being cornered for an impromptu parent teacher conference," and they happen every year...

    ReplyDelete

Trim and a Haircut: Beauty Parlor Blues

It was beauty parlor day at the nursing home for my mom. That means it has been nearly three months since I have made the time to pamper an...